OpenFOAM is developed by a team of individuals who contribute their work to the project, with the support and permission of the companies that employ them. The principal contributors are as follows.
- Henry Weller, CFD Direct (UK): creator of FOAM and co-founder of OpenFOAM, and its architect and core developer, who maintains the public OpenFOAM development repository.
- Chris Greenshields, CFD Direct: co-founder and manager of OpenFOAM who maintains the website, OpenFOAM releases and free OpenFOAM documentation.
- Bruno Santos, blueCAPE (Portugal): active maintainer of OpenFOAM who manages issues on the OpenFOAM bug tracking system.
The following are active/recent contributors, making significant and/or frequent contributions.
- Mattijs Janssens (individual, UK): co-founder of OpenFOAM, and developer of major functionality, notably snappyHexMesh.
- Will Bainbridge (individual, UK): former full-time core developer of OpenFOAM.
- Juho Peltola, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd.
- Paul Edwards, Intel (UK/Global).
- Timo Niemi, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd.
- Alberto Passalaqua (USA).
- Dongyue Li (China): main contributor to the Chinese translation of the User Guide.
- Francesco Contino, BURN Joint Research Group, Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Richard Jones, Streamline CFD (Australia).
Other individuals have signed the Contribution Agreement, providing smaller contributions.
- Karl Meredith, FM Global (USA).
- Kevin Nordin-Bates (Sweden).
- Alexey Matveichev (France).
- Sergey Sindeev (Russia).
- Daniel Jasiński, SIMFLOW Technologies (Poland).
- Hassan Kassem (UK).
- Timm Severin (Germany).
Note that there are no contributors from ESI-OpenCFD (openfoam.com)