In addition to new features described on other pages linked to from the version 2.1.0 release announcement, there are some other new developments and changes in OpenFOAM.
- The decomposePar utility has a new option to constrain the decomposition to leave patches intact; this can be beneficial when running AMI cases in parallel.
- The redistributeParMesh utility has been renamed to redistributePar.
- The SIMPLE/PIMPLE loop control structure has been formalised and propagated across solvers, enabling cleaner and more consistent code.
- The directMapped patch types have been renamed to mapped, following the inclusion of the new AMI functionality.
- Support for 64-bit labels now lifts the restriction of a maximum of two billion mesh elements.
- A restriction on format of hostnames and user names has now been removed by storing them as strings, enabling them to contain any character.