OpenFOAM is developed by a team of individuals who contribute their work to the project, with the support and consent of the companies that employ them. Contributions are made under the OpenFOAM Contributor Agreement (to facilitate enforcement of the free, open source licence), signed either by the individual, or by the organisation that employs them.
- Henry Weller, CFD Direct (UK): creator of FOAM and co-founder of OpenFOAM, and its architect and core developer, who maintains the public OpenFOAM development repository.
- Chris Greenshields, CFD Direct: co-founder and manager of OpenFOAM who maintains the website, OpenFOAM releases and free OpenFOAM documentation.
- Will Bainbridge, CFD Direct: full-time core developer of OpenFOAM.
- Timo Niemi, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd
- Juho Peltola, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd.