OpenFOAM is developed by a team of individuals who contribute their work to the project, with the support and consent of the companies that employ them. Contributions are made under the OpenFOAM Contributor Agreement (to facilitate enforcement of the free, open source licence), signed either by the individual, or by the organisation that employs them.
- Henry Weller, CFD Direct (UK): creator of FOAM and co-founder of OpenFOAM, and its architect and core developer, who maintains the public OpenFOAM development repository.
- Chris Greenshields, CFD Direct: co-founder and manager of OpenFOAM who maintains the website, OpenFOAM releases and free OpenFOAM documentation.
- Bruno Santos, blueCAPE (Portugal): active maintainer of OpenFOAM who manages issues on the OpenFOAM bug tracking system.
- Will Bainbridge, CFD Direct: full-time core developer of OpenFOAM.
- Mattijs Janssens (individual, UK): co-founder of OpenFOAM, and developer of major functionality, notably snappyHexMesh.
- Francesco Contino, BURN Joint Research Group, Vrije Universiteit Brussel (Belgium).
- Juho Peltola, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd.
- Timo Niemi, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd.
- Paul Edwards, Intel (UK).
- Alberto Passalaqua (USA).
- Ronald Oertel, HZDR (Germany).
- Karl Meredith, FM Global (USA).
- Niklas Nordin, Scania Group (Sweden).
- Kevin Nordin-Bates (Sweden).
- Tobias Holzmann (Germany).
- Daniel Jasiński, SIMFLOW Technologies (Poland).
- Dongyue Li (China).
Organisations Signing the Contributor Agreement
- CFD Direct (UK).
- blueCAPE (Portugal).
- VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd.
- Intel (Worldwide).
- FM Global (Worldwide).
- Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf (HZDR) (Germany).
- Université catholique de Louvain (Belgium).
Note that there are no contributors from ESI-OpenCFD (openfoam.com)