The OpenFOAM Foundation is pleased to announce the OpenFOAM Open Day 2018.
- Date: Wednesday 19th September 2018, 10:00 – 16:00 UK time.
- Free event for the supporters of OpenFOAM who manage and maintain the software, contribute new developments and provide funding.
- Free live stream worldwide to OpenFOAM users and CFD managers who register using a recognised company email address.
What is the OpenFOAM Open Day?
The OpenFOAM Foundation manages and maintains OpenFOAM so that it can always be freely downloaded and installed, and is robust, usable and extensible. Thousands of users depend on the OpenFOAM Foundation to sustain OpenFOAM — from industry, academia and research institutes, to consultancy companies, cloud, SAAS and HPC providers.
The OpenFOAM Open Day addresses the sustainable development of OpenFOAM, bringing together talks and discussion from:
- the network of collaborators who contribute developments to OpenFOAM;
- supporting organisations and consortia, e.g. the Process Engineering Consortium, which fund OpenFOAM;
- code maintainers, who respond rapidly to user feedback to improve robustness;
- software engineers, including Henry Weller (OpenFOAM creator), who continually redesign OpenFOAM as a unique platform for developing CFD tools;
- the operational team, including Chris Greenshields (OpenFOAM co-founder), who package, release, license and promote OpenFOAM, and maintain resources for users.
We have provisionally scheduled the following talks by leading OpenFOAM practitioners. We will update this agenda over the coming weeks.
- “Sustainable Development of OpenFOAM”, Chris Greenshields, CFD Direct
- “Maintenance of OpenFOAM”, Henry Weller, CFD Direct
- “Funding OpenFOAM through the Process Consortium”, George Skillas, Evonik Industries AG
- “Development of OpenFOAM”, Will Bainbridge, CFD Direct
- “Contributing to OpenFOAM”, Juho Peltola, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd
- “Combustion in OpenFOAM: contributor case study”, Francesco Contino, BURN Joint Research Group, Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- “Production of OpenFOAM”, Chris Greenshields
Who should attend?
- Everyone with an interest in the sustainability of OpenFOAM should attend the event.
- As well as users, this includes managers in organisations that are commercially dependent on their use of OpenFOAM.
- Anyone wishing to sponsor the event: complete the registration below, checking the sponsorship box.
How do I attend?
- In person: OpenFOAM’s contributors, supporters and maintainers, and event sponsors, will be invited to attend the event in person.
- By live video stream: please register using the form below, using a recognised company email address. Depending on demand, registrations for online streaming may be limited and available on a first come, first served basis.