In addition to new features described on other pages linked to from the version 2.0.0 release announcement, there are some other new developments in OpenFOAM.
Other new solvers
- adjointShapeOptimizationFoam – steady-state solver for incompressible, turbulent flow of non-Newtonian fluids with optimisation of duct shape by applying ”blockage” in regions causing pressure loss as estimated using an adjoint formulation.
- magneticFoam – solver for the magnetic field generated by permanent magnets.
- rhoPorousMRFLTSPimpleFoam – steady-state solver using local-time stepping for laminar or turbulent flow of compressible fluids with support for porous media and MRF for HVAC and similar applications.
Other new utilities
- topoSet – combination of cellSet, faceSet, pointSet utilities that can execute multiple ‘set’ commands in a sequence.
- extrudeToRegionMesh – extrude faceZones into separate mesh, as a different region, for extruding baffles or creating a region for surface film or pyrolysis simulations.
Other new libraries
- libdistributed – tools for searching and IO on distributed surfaces.
- libdistributionModels – particle distribution function modelling.
- libfileFormats – core routines for reading/writing data in some third-party formats.
- libpairPatchAgglomeration – primitive pair patch agglomeration method.
- libreconstruct – mesh/field reconstruction library.
- libvtkPV3blockMesh – tools to display blockMesh geometries in VTK/Paraview.
- directMappedFixedValue now takes
interpolationSchemeentry so can interpolate values to face rather than taking cell values and has optional