The OpenFOAM Foundation is pleased to announce the release of version 3.0.1 of the OpenFOAM open source CFD toolbox. Version 3.0.1 is a patch release of version 3.0.0 with approximately 50 code commits that fix critical bugs, improve usability and consistency in the code. As a patch release, we strongly recommend users of v3.0.0 upgrade to this version; users of the Ubuntu pack (
openfoam30) will receive 3.0.1 as part of a system upgrade, e.g. with “
Key changes from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1 are listed below. See the version 3.0.0 release announcement for information about the new features in the 3.0 series of OpenFOAM software.
- wallShearStress: works with any turbulence simulation type, resolved report 1939 » more » and further commits » more » which modifies instantiation of single-phase turbulence models
Multiphase, Reacting Flows
- Updated LTS support in reactingMultiphaseEulerFoam » more »
and reactingEulerFoam » more »
- Saturation modelling: resolved report 1940 » more » and report 1893 » more »
- meshRefinementBaffles: correct face zone orientation, resolved report 1479 » more »
- moveDynamicMesh: resolved report 1926 » more »
circleSet: resolved report 1932 » more »
uniformInletOutletFvPatchField: resolved report 1943 » more »
freestreamPressureFvPatchScalarField: resolved report 1942 » more »
porousBafflePressureFvPatchField: resolved report 1934 » more »
nutWallFunctionFvPatchScalarField: resolved report 1930 » more »
waveDisplacementPointPatchVectorField: resolved report 1929 » more »
- foamNewBC, foamNewApp: scripts to create template code for a boundary condition » more » and application » more »
- Architect/Lead: Henry Weller
- Management: Henry Weller, Chris Greenshields
- Maintenance/Testing/Contributions: Henry Weller, Bruno Santos, Chris Greenshields
- Other Contributions: Daniel Jasinski, Hassan Kassem, Alexey Matveichev, Timo Niemi, Juho Peltola, Timm Severin, Richard Jones, Mattijs Janssens
Thanks to the OpenFOAM enthusiasts who have contributed to a better code through the bug reporting system.
To download OpenFOAM 3.0.1, click here.