OpenFOAM 3.0.1 Released
The OpenFOAM Foundation is pleased to announce the release of version 3.0.1 of the OpenFOAM open source CFD toolbox. Version 3.0.1 is a patch release of version 3.0.0 with approximately 50 code commits that fix critical bugs, improve usability and consistency in the code. As a patch release, we strongly recommend users of v3.0.0 upgrade to this version; users of the Ubuntu pack (
openfoam30) will receive 3.0.1 as part of a system upgrade, e.g. with “
OpenFOAM v3.0.1 is distributed under the General Public Licence by the OpenFOAM Foundation as:
- Deb packs created for Ubuntu Linux;
- source code for compilation on other Linux systems.
Key changes from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1 are listed below. See the version 3.0.0 release announcement for information about the new features in the 3.0 series of OpenFOAM software.
- wallShearStress: works with any turbulence simulation type, resolved report 1939 » more » and further commits » more » which modifies instantiation of single-phase turbulence models
Multiphase, Reacting Flows
- Updated LTS support in reactingMultiphaseEulerFoam » more »
and reactingEulerFoam » more »
- Saturation modelling: resolved report 1940 » more » and report 1893 » more »
- Radiation: improved consistency between P1 and fvDOM, resolved report 1636 » more »
- meshRefinementBaffles: correct face zone orientation, resolved report 1479 » more »
- moveDynamicMesh: resolved report 1926 » more »
circleSet: resolved report 1932 » more »
uniformInletOutletFvPatchField: resolved report 1943 » more »
freestreamPressureFvPatchScalarField: resolved report 1942 » more »
porousBafflePressureFvPatchField: resolved report 1934 » more »
nutWallFunctionFvPatchScalarField: resolved report 1930 » more »
waveDisplacementPointPatchVectorField: resolved report 1929 » more »
- foamNewBC, foamNewApp: scripts to create template code for a boundary condition » more » and application » more »
OpenFOAM v3.0.1 was produced by:
- Architect/Lead: Henry Weller
- Management: Henry Weller, Chris Greenshields
- Maintenance/Testing/Contributions: Henry Weller, Bruno Santos, Chris Greenshields
- Other Contributions: Daniel Jasinski, Hassan Kassem, Alexey Matveichev, Timo Niemi, Juho Peltola, Timm Severin, Richard Jones, Mattijs Janssens
Thanks to the OpenFOAM enthusiasts who have contributed to a better code through the bug reporting system.
To download OpenFOAM 3.0.1, click here.