The OpenFOAM Foundation is pleased to announce the release of version 6 of the OpenFOAM open source CFD toolbox. Version 6 is a snapshot of the OpenFOAM development version which, through sustainable development, is always-releasable. It provides new functionality and major improvements to existing code, with strict demands on usability, robustness and extensibility. OpenFOAM 6 includes the following key developments:
- Conjugate heat transfer (CHT): improved usability, with simplified set up and running.
- Rotating/sliding geometries: more robust AMI, and support for periodic cases.
- Particle tracking: optimised computation and improved robustness.
- Reacting multiphase models: phase change, reactions, drag, breakup, coalescence, etc.
- Reactions/combustion: faster, full algebraic Jacobian, significant code redesign.
- Other models: water waves and films, turbulence, thermophysics, atmospheric flows.
- General: new case setup tools, boundary conditions, function objects, etc.