For Ubuntu 18.04LTS, 18.10 and Windows 10 and Docker images for other Linux and macOS
For Ubuntu 16.04LTS, 18.04LTS, 18.10, 19.04 and Windows 10 and Docker images for other Linux and macOS
The OpenFOAM Foundation is pleased to announce the release of version 6 of the OpenFOAM open source CFD toolbox. Version 6 is a snapshot of the OpenFOAM development version which, through sustainable development, is always-releasable. It provides new functionality and major improvements to existing code, with strict demands on usability, robustness and extensibility. OpenFOAM 6 includes the following key developments:
- Conjugate heat transfer (CHT): improved usability, with simplified set up and running.
- Rotating/sliding geometries: more robust AMI, and support for periodic cases.
- Particle tracking: optimised computation and improved robustness.
- Reacting multiphase models: phase change, reactions, drag, breakup, coalescence, etc.
- Reactions/combustion: faster, full algebraic Jacobian, significant code redesign.
- Other models: water waves and films, turbulence, thermophysics, atmospheric flows.
- General: new case setup tools, boundary conditions, function objects, etc.
For Ubuntu 14.04LTS, 16.04LTS, 18.04LTS, 18.10
OpenFOAM 6 for 64 bit distributions of Linux including Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) v7+, CentOS v7+, Fedora v22+, SuSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) v12+, openSuSE v13+ and Debian 8+. Uses Docker to provide a self-contained environment that includes code, runtime, system tools and libraries, independent of the underlying operating system.
OpenFOAM 6 for macOS 10.10.3+ . Uses Docker to provide a self-contained environment that includes code, runtime, system tools and libraries, independent of the underlying operating system.
For Compilation on GNU/Linux