For Ubuntu 18.04LTS, 20.04 LTS, 21.04, Windows 10 and Docker images for other Linux and macOS
The OpenFOAM Foundation is pleased to announce the release of version 9 of the OpenFOAM open source CFD toolbox. Version 9 is a snapshot of the OpenFOAM development version which, through sustainable development, is always-releasable. It provides new functionality and major improvements to existing code, with strict demands on usability, robustness and extensibility. OpenFOAM 9 includes the following key developments:
- Multiphase: improved the performance, numerics and robustness of multiphase solvers.
- Transport: significant redesign of thermophysical transport models.
- Thermophysical: automatic compilation of model packages, mixing rules, tabulated input.
- Heat transfer: made calculations consistent between solvers, BCs and post-processing.
- Particle tracking: cloud types selected by user, not hard-coded into solvers.
- Reactions: improved robustness of numerics and chemistry and added general controls.
- Mesh: refactored parts of snappyHexMesh, decomposition and manipulation tools.
- Surface Film: introduced standard thermophysical modelling.
- Function Objects: overhaul of packaged function objects for improved usability.
- Models and Constraints: fvOptions replaced by more flexible fvModels and fvConstraints.
- Case Configuration: enhanced scripts and added new Function2 functions of 2 variables.
- Computation: improved robustness and performance of I/O, compilation, numerics.
For Ubuntu 18.04LTS, 20.04LTS, 21.04
OpenFOAM 9 for Linux distributions including Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) v7+, CentOS v7+, Fedora v22+, SuSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) v12+, openSuSE v13+ and Debian 8+. Uses Docker to provide a self-contained environment that includes code, runtime, system tools and libraries, independent of the underlying operating system.
OpenFOAM 9 for macOS 10.14+ . Uses Docker to provide a self-contained environment that includes code, runtime, system tools and libraries, independent of the underlying operating system.
For Compilation on GNU/Linux